Another Long Absence

I guess you can count this one under the "no news is good news" category. 2011-09-04 11.48.59

Jackson turned 18 months old this weekend, and is doing beautifully! He had a little virus/ear infection, but recovered well and quickly gained back the weight he lost while sick. We are gearing up for respiratory season, and J has been fitted for his own vest. The vest will take the place of us thumping on his back, chest, and sides, and uses a compressor to do the 'thumping' for us. It makes him seem so grown up...-insert all cliches about how quickly the time goes here.

Just like I say in every post...I hope/intend/plan to/think about posting more often. And as always, I can barely keep up with the day to day, and in all honesty, I can't guarantee an increase in frequency. You, my reader, could technically count that as a win. Less to blog about = more normal life occurrences, and less CF struggle, right?

And to be perfectly honest, I've had a lot going on with me lately. I've had a few small medical quandaries myself- I wouldn't feel OK going on about them here, this blog is about life with CF, not a place for me to enumerate my minor issues. But it has been consuming my time recently and it is something I and other caregivers should heed. It's easy to put your own business on the back burner when you care for someone with a chronic disease. But if you want my advice (you're here, so you're getting it!), don't. When you spend so much of your time and energy taking care of someone else, it's all the more important that you are well yourself.

So that's what I've been doing. Well......there's more, but I'm being insanely superstitious about it, so you're all going to have to wait! Let the wild speculations commence...

I'll post when Jackson gets his vest and maybe even a video to show you all how it works. In the meantime, thanks for sticking around in spite of my lack of reliability. I love ya for it.

Comments