2013 "Top of Our Lungs" Announcement

Well hey there. Good to see you again. I'll give a brief update on all the happenings since I last checked in with you lot, but I'll have to do it another day. Today there's business at hand. I've been putting off this announcement for a while. I've been feeling a touch defeated by it, or rather, it makes me confront the fact that I am forever taking on more than I can handle, somehow believing that sheer willpower will MAKE EVERYTHING WORK! We were planning to have our fundraising event next month, another live music and art auction shindig to raise money for our Great Strides walk for Cystic Fibrosis. But I haven't been available to put in the hours in order to set things up, generate interest, grab sponsors...April and May are just not going to happen for us this year. I just don't have the firepower to pull it off, and I'm not going to half-ass it. However, I'm not waving a white flag. In truth, it doesn't matter WHAT time of year we raise money. It's all going to the same place. I frankly don't care about being the biggest fundraiser in my area or earning prizes or any of that. What I want is to establish an annual event. One that people look forward to and truly enjoy. I feel like we're lacking a sense of identity and excitement, so I'm searching my brain for what we should do that is US, that represents our fight and our fire, and makes other people care about the long haul work against CF. So I've got my work cut out for me, and am aiming for June-July right now. This DOES NOT mean we aren't doing the Great Strides walk, though. We'll be meeting up at Six Flags as usual, and meeting for lunch at Twisted Root Burger Company afterwards. If you are looking for ways to help us fundraise this year, let me know. If you have ideas for how we can better fundraise, let me know. If loved or hated something we've done in the past, let me know! I need some collaborative brainpower. As soon as I can nail down some names and dates, I will officially announce what this years fundraiser is going to look like. Thank you for the continued support, and bearing with me through the less-than-organized state of things at the moment. Amy

Comments